The deadline to renounce your U.S. collegiate eligibility is September 10th
Eligibility Requirements for Players for the NLL Entry Draft
1. Any player who attains the age of 21 during the draft year that has never participated in a U.S. NCAA or NJCAA collegiate varsity lacrosse program.
2. Any player who has participated in a U.S. NCAA or NJCAA collegiate varsity lacrosse program that has exhausted or forfeited his NCAA collegiate varsity lacrosse eligibility.
a. For the 2020 NLL Entry Draft, any player who has participated in a U.S. NCAA or NJCAA collegiate varsity lacrosse program and has exhausted four (4) seasons of NCAA eligibility shall be eligible for the Entry Draft.
b. If a player who has exhausted four (4) seasons of NCAA eligibility is selected in the 2020 Entry Draft and subsequently participates in an NCAA or NJCAA varsity lacrosse program, thereby exhausting his fifth season of NCAA eligibility, the Member Club that selected the player shall maintain the rights to the player.
3. Any player less than 21 years of age who notifies the league in writing of his intention to forfeit his remaining NCAA eligibility at least seven (7) days prior to the Entry Draft is eligible to be selected in the Entry Draft.
4. Any drafted player participating in any Canadian Junior League and that subsequently attends a U.S. college and participates in NCAA or NJCAA varsity lacrosse program, will be re-entered into the draft upon exhausting or foregoing his collegiate eligibility. The team originally selecting the player will lose the player’s draft rights.
5. Any player less than 21 years of age cannot be declared a free agent without being drafted. Any such undrafted player will automatically be re-entered in each subsequent draft until he is selected or attains the age of 21. For purposes of this By-law, a player shall be deemed to be twenty-one years of age should he attain the age of twenty-one before December 31 on the draft year.
6. “Player” as used herein shall be deemed to mean any lacrosse player participating in Canadian Junior league lacrosse, NCAA or NJCAA US collegiate varsity lacrosse or any other player known to the league to be of draft quality.